- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian section of the supermarket)
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 corn bread muffins, warmed
- Heat oven to 400º F. In a small bowl, mix the marmalade and chili-garlic sauce.
- Season the chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Roast on a foil-lined baking sheet until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes, brushing with the marmalade mixture during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and toss with the butter and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken and muffins.
By Sara Quessenberry, October 2009 Real Simple Magazine